I tend to let me cupboards get down to the bare bones before I go grocery shopping. I am also a HUGE fan of breakfast foods. I love my bowl of cereal in the morning. That is always my first choice. If I’m out of milk or cereal, then I have oatmeal. I typically don’t make a huge breakfast for my husband and I. I’m hoping this is something I change as Claire gets older, but right now she gets to enjoy a bowl of oatmeal with her mommy.
So I NEED my breakfast in the morning, well one morning I was very low on supplies. I went through the cupboards and I had very little on hand for breakfast. Luckily, the internet is full of one cup recipes and I found one that had everything I had on hand!
French Toast in a Cup
Source: Prudent Baby
- 1-2 pieces of bread
- 1/2 Tbs butter
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbs milk
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- drop of vanilla extract (optional)
- Cut bread into cubed pieces.
- Melt butter and let it coat the entire cup. Place cubed bread into cup and compact it down a bit.
- In another bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Pour over cubed bread. Allow it to soak in for a minute.
- Place bread cup in microwave and heat for one minute, adding 20 seconds until it is no longer runny.
Conclusion: Meh. I think I prefer my cereal. It was just a little too eggy for me. The bottom was also very mushy. The syrup is what kept me eating this meal in a cup. It wasn’t terrible, just not great. I’ll just make sure to keep my cereal on hand, always!
Posted under Recipes
This post was written by firstname.lastname@example.org on May 6, 2013