During my days off, I usually like to catch up on housework and laundry. When I fold laundry, I sit cross legged on the floor and watch TV. One day the Rachel Ray show was on and she made Bloody Mary Cheeseburgers. It didn’t look too hard and I admit that I love Bloody Marys. I decided to give these a try even though my husband hates tomatoes…
Recipe: Bloody Mary Cheeseburger from the Rachel Ray show. Modified a little…
- For the Burgers:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck (I used 2 lbs)
- Kosher salt and coarse black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 rounded tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- A small handful celery tops and leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Heinz organic ketchup or Heinz chili sauce
- 1/2 cup Ritz cracker crumbs or fine breadcrumbs
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 brioche burger rolls, split (I used regular hamburger buns)
- For the Sauce:
- 3/4 cup Heinz ketchup
- 1 rounded tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced celery tops
- Coarse black pepper, to taste
Place beef in mixing bowl, season liberally with kosher salt and lots of black pepper. Add Worcestershire, horseradish, Tabasco, celery tops and leaves, ketchup or chili sauce, cracker crumbs and egg yolk. Combine and form 4 large patties that are thinner at the center than the edges for even cooking.
Combine sauce ingredients in small bowl.
Heat cast-iron skillet or griddle pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and wipe around pan — it will smoke up a bit. Add burgers and cook 8-10 minutes, turning once. Top with cheese in last minute or 2 of your cooking time. Serve on brioche rolls topped with special sauce.
Burgers on the griddle! Looks yummy….
The sauce makes the burger. These definitely have a kick to them so if you are not a fan of spicy food…stay away! A few things I would have changed is to grill the burgers. I just think hamburgers always taste better grilled. However, the burgers didn’t stick together very well and that could have made our grill a mess. My husband actually enjoyed the burger and sauce which surprised me. I only found them okay. Honestly I probably won’t make them again unless Mark requests them.
Posted under Recipes
This post was written by email@example.com on June 6, 2012