My husband is a hunter. He’s brought home deer, pheasant, fish, and bear. So I’m always looking around for recipes for wild game. This recipe is actually a family recipe and we both love it. He actually made this for me when we first started seeing each other in college. I had never had pheasant before and was nervous about eating it the whole time. They do have quite a kick and I am not a fan of really spicy food. But I ended up enjoying these immensely. You can substitute chicken for the pheasant but the bacon is a must! I hope you enjoy!
1 lb of bacon
jar of sliced jalapenos or freshly sliced jalapenos
Pheasant breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- Turn oven on to broil.
- Cut bacon stripes into two halves.
- Wrap up one pheasant piece and one jalapeno in one half slice of bacon.
- Secure wrapped bacon with toothpick. Be sure to leave enough room to grab toothpick when it’s in oven.
- Place wrapped bacon on broiler pan (a must! It lets the grease drain out). Leave toothpick end up.
- Broil about 8-10 minutes, then flip to cook other side.
- Broil other side until done (about 6-8 minutes).
The ingredients… Before the oven…
Sorry I didn’t snap an after picture. Mark and I devoured them too fast! Also when I have extra chicken or pheasant left, I just fry it up and feed it to my hungry husband.
Posted under Recipes
This post was written by email@example.com on July 21, 2012