I had some leftover Buffalo wing sauce and was trying to find a recipe to make to use it up. I found this salad and decided to make it into a casserole for a meal. Below is the original recipe:
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing (I used the entire jar because I thought it was spicy!)
- 1 cup Frank’s hot sauce
- 1 16 oz box rotini pasta
- 5 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 rotisserie chicken, pulled and chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil pasta according to directions on box.
- Drain pasta and flash with cold water to stop the cooking process; let cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine blue cheese dressing and Frank’s hot sauce.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pasta, chicken, celery, and red onion.
- Slowly add in the dressing/hot sauce mixture to the pasta mixture, until well incorporated. (If you prefer spicier, add more Frank’s hot sauce at this point.)
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Refrigerate for one hour, serve cold.
Conclusion: Need a kick! This is the stuff for you! WHOOO! I used Frank’s Wing Sauce and had to drink two glasses of milk to eat it. It would make a great Super Bowl side salad. Just make sure you let folks know that it is spicy! My result at making it a casserole however weren’t great. I should have sauteed the celery and onion. The cheese was a nice addition and I think some chunkier blue cheese would have been great too. I think making these few changes would help it immensely.
Posted under Recipes
This post was written by firstname.lastname@example.org on January 22, 2013