This is another recipe from my in-laws. I am a big fan of BBQ and this recipe throws in lots of fiber and taste. It calls for three types of beans. Lots of protein and fiber in this one. I think it would also be a great side dish for Super Bowl weekend. It’s extremely easy. Combine and bake and that’s it! My mother-in-law will also just combine it and throw it in a slow cooker. Just make sure you add some extra water if you’re going to do this step.
- 8 slice of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb hambuger, brown with the onion
- 1 can pork and beans, not drained
- 1 can lima beans, drained
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp dry mustard (I used just regular mustard)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine ingredients and bake for 30 minutes.
Side Notes: I really love this recipe. It’s great for potlucks, a side dish or even a main course. Very easy to make and this recipe makes a lot. You can really use any type of beans you like. I used black beans this time. Just make sure you use pork and beans, this is a must. Enjoy!
Posted under Recipes
This post was written by firstname.lastname@example.org on January 31, 2013