Another easy crock pot meal!
Crock Pot Applesauce BBQ Chicken
Source: Who Needs A Cape?
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 t ground pepper
- 2/3 cup chunky applesauce
- 2/3 cup BBQ sauce (I used Brown Sugar/Hickory)
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 t chili powder
- Spray Crockpot with non-stick cooking spray, or use a Crockpot liner for easy clean-up.
- Place chicken breasts on bottom.
- Mix all remaining ingredients together, and pour over chicken.
- Cook 6-8 hours on low setting. Serves 4.
(No picture of the food. Here’s one of Claire helping me with laundry instead.)
Conclusion: I liked this. My mom and husband did not. They thought it was too bland. I actually loved the flavor but I also understood where they were coming from. I couldn’t find chunky applesauce (and our apples aren’t ready to be picked yet) so I wonder if that made a difference. I actually think this would be great for a sandwich instead. I’d let it cook for the 6-8 hours and then shred the chicken. I’d probably let it cook in the crock pot for another 30 minutes so it can absorb more of the juices. Then I think I’d put the shredded chicken on a bun and top it was BBQ sauce. I think that would make this a much, much better meal. I’ll have to try that next time!